LA County Sheriff’s Dept. officials indicted for conspiracy

Comments and questions

LA County Sheriff’s Dept. officials indicted for conspiracy

Postby Brandon » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:20 pm

http://rt.com/usa/la-county-sheriffs-indicted-962/

LA County Sheriff’s Department officials indicted for conspiracy, obstruction of FBI probe

la-county-sheriffs-indicted.si.jpg

Rescue-LOL.jpg

Seven officials of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department have been indicted on charges of conspiracy, obstruction and giving false statements in connection with the FBI’s investigation of alleged misconduct in the county’s jails.

The indictment, obtained by the Los Angeles Times, shows the FBI alleges the Sheriff’s officials hindered a longstanding investigation after the Department realized an inmate was acting as a federal informant.

The officials subsequently moved the inmate - Anthony Brown, known as AB in the indictment - to a different facility and changed his name. The Department also revised its internal inmate database to falsely report that the inmate had been released.

The indictment also reports Sheriff’s officials confronted one of the FBI’s lead agents outside her home. The officials falsely claimed they were in the process of gaining a warrant for the agent’s arrest.

The move of the informant happened despite a judge’s order that the inmate appear before a federal grand jury in the FBI’s investigation, according to the indictment. The Sheriff’s Department was served with the order on Aug. 25, 2011.

The officials listed in the indictment include: Lt. Stephen Leavins, assigned to the unit that investigates alleged misconduct among LA County Sheriff’s Department deputies; Sgts. Scott Craig and Maricella Long, both assigned to the same investigative unit; Lt. Gregory Thompson, who had oversight of the Department’s Operation Safe Jails Program; and Deputies Gerard Smith, Mickey Manzo and James Sexton, all of whom worked for Thompson.

Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said the Department had no immediate response to the arrests. "You have to talk to the FBI," he said, according to the LA Times.

------------
Close the world, txEn eht nepO.
Brandon
Site Admin

Re: LA County Sheriff’s Dept. officials indicted for conspir

Postby dslayermo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Here's one for you Brandon...
I just got stopped and id'd, hands out of the pockets, what you got on you, etc. the whole deal for walking down the railroad tracks on my way into town.

Started turning him onto chemtrails and September 11 and now I'm a suspected meth addict.

No shit. Didn't believe a word I said, nothing. Just wanted to know what drugs I'm on. Or had ever used.

Probably lucky I didn't get turned into a grease spot.

Anybody out there... I was John Q. Public Citizen for 46 years. A complete waste.

NO ONE CARES!!!
dslayermo

Postby Brandon » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:18 pm

dslayermo wrote:Here's one for you Brandon...
I just got stopped and id'd, hands out of the pockets, what you got on you, etc. the whole deal for walking down the railroad tracks on my way into town.

Started turning him onto chemtrails and September 11 and now I'm a suspected meth addict.

No shit. Didn't believe a word I said, nothing. Just wanted to know what drugs I'm on. Or had ever used.

Probably lucky I didn't get turned into a grease spot.

Anybody out there... I was John Q. Public Citizen for 46 years. A complete waste.

NO ONE CARES!!!

"Land of decree and home of the slave"
Close the world, txEn eht nepO.
Brandon
Site Admin

Postby dslayermo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:34 pm

"Land of decree and home of the slave"

After my encounter with him I think the Miranda warning should be changed to

"YOUR ENTIRE EXISTENCE CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU."
dslayermo