Hanzal has 2 goals and assist to lead Co

Comments and questions

Hanzal has 2 goals and assist to lead Co

Postby sherry2018love » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:17 pm

GLENDALE, Ariz. - Power-play goals seem as rare as a desert snowstorm for the Phoenix Coyotes.They finally got one when they really needed it Saturday night.Martin Hanzal's power-play score on one of Keith Yandle's three a sists broke a third-period tie and the Coyotes went on to beat the Columbus Blue Johnathan Cyprien Jersey Jackets 5-3. Hanzal added an empty-net goal and an a sist in Phoenix's third victory in four games.The Coyotes had gone 17 power plays without scoring Taylor Lewan Jersey before Hanzal ended the drought.Radim Vrbata scored for Phoenix before leaving the game in the second period with a lower body injury. David Mo s and Kyle Chipchura also scored for the Coyotes.Jared Boll, Matt Calvert and Derek MacKenzie scored for Columbus, which has lost five of six.Steve Sullivan set up the winning goal with a precise, long pa s to Yandle, who sent a cro sing feed to Derrick Morgan Jersey Hanzal in front of the net. Hanzal's first point-blank attempt bounced off goalie Steve Mason, but he scored on his next whack at it to put Phoenix up for good."It was a great play by Yands. He pretty much found me wide open," Hanzal said. "I just shot at the post and got my own rebound. I think that's what we've got to do, get more in front and get more shots at the net. That's what we've been practicing pretty much all season Brian Schwenke Jersey ."Coach Dave Tippett said that his team just kept putting on the pre sure with the power plays."Everybody thinks it's a power play, you should just automatically go out there and score," he said, "and that's not the case. It's hard to score. You've just got to stay with it. "
sherry2018love

Return to Open Discussion